Martijn's blog - E-Commerce, EAI, BizTalk and .NET

2006/09/30

Clustering under Virtual Server - Don't forget to update the SID!

When using Virtual Machines, I often copy an existing image to duplicate it. However, currently I'm clustering my BizTalk Server 2006 environment for high availability using Virtual Server 2005.

After setting up the cluster, adding the secondary node didn't work, it kept saying 'Access Denied'. Normally, things like changing the LanManServer parameters or LMCompatibilityLevel fix this, but in this case, no dice..

Until I remembered something trivial when using cloned images, the computer SID is the same in both images! Using the NewSID tool, I updated the SID, rejoined the domain and added the secondary node to the cluster without trouble.

Using my blog as a post-it note ;-)

1 Comments:

  • I prefer the sysprep method instead since SharePoint for example doesn't work when using Newsid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home