Martijn's blog - E-Commerce, EAI, BizTalk and .NET

2005/05/09

Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.PersistenceException: Exception occurred when persisting state to the database.

Ever ran in to this kind of exception:

Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.PersistenceException: Exception occurred when persisting state to the database. ---> Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.PersistenceItemException: A batch item failed persistence
Item-ID b668d473-774c-4fae-979b-90fff5444ff5
OperationType MAIO_CommitBatch
Status -1061151998
ErrorInfo The published message could not be routed because no subscribers were found. Please use the Health and Activity Monitoring (HAT) tool to diagnose this situation.

I just ran into this while testing an Orchestration I have build. I had encountered it before, but didn't document / remember the solution.

f.m.i. (for my info): It turns out this exception will occur if you're calling another Orchestration, which isn't in an Enlisted state... I'll try to remember next time... :-|

5 Comments:

  • Good to know. It also happens when you try to use an SMTP dynamic port and set SMTP_CustomerEmail(Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.Address) to an empty string.

    By Blogger Marian Drumea, at 9:38 PM  

  • Thanks, this saved me. I had the same problem when using a dynamic SOAP port. I was getting the URL from the AppConfig and had a typo. Thus no URL, thus this exception.

    By Blogger Joe, at 5:15 PM  

  • Hi Martijn. I know this is a long-dead post, but seeing as it comes pretty highly ranked in Google searches, I thought I'd comment.
    I was also getting a PersistenceException, but my called orchestration was correctly enlisted and running. I found this exception can be caused by a duplicate subscription in the Message Box, see here for more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 AM  

  • Thanks you. Very good post.Unless they can offer a really compelling reason for users to come back, it will be the next Bebo, MySpace

    By Anonymous Gadgets UK, at 9:57 AM  

  • Thanks you. Very good post.Unless they can offer a really compelling reason for users to come back, it will be the next Bebo, MySpace

    By Anonymous Cannon 10755GF, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home