Martijn's blog - E-Commerce, EAI, BizTalk and .NET

2004/11/28

BizTalk Explorer v1.30

So, I was reading many questions in the newsgroups about how to easily "copy" a running BizTalk environment from one place and deploy it somewhere else, without taking the running machine offline.

BizTalk Explorer v1.30 supports this option ("Deployment" -> "Copy BizTalk environment") by allowing you to specify a BizTalk database, after which it:

  • copies the assemblies used within that environment
  • copies the support libraries linked to these assemblies (non-BizTalk and non-Microsoft)
  • exports the bindings within the server (assembly related and non-bound)
  • creates a file called "deploy.bat", which performs all necessary actions to deploy the BizTalk environment somewhere else
  • zips up the files and places it in a folder of your choosing
Once these steps have been completed, simply copying the zip file to another server with BizTalk installed (and having gacutil/btsdeploy in the path) and running "deploy.bat" should re-create the entire BizTalk environment.

Let me know of any issues, as I think this is a very handy feature and it should be well tested.

Download the new BizTalk Explorer v1.30 from GotDotNet or from here

Enjoy!

11 Comments:

  • Hi Martijn.

    First of all I must say it's a great tool, even more since v1.30 because of the Copy BizTalk environment function you added.
    I would like to make one feature request: if I use your tool on a system that doesn't contain the Visual Studio environment I cannot use the edit address function of a receive or send port, because BizTalkExplorer cannot find a perticular COM class (probably because the VS.NET DLLs are not available). Is it possible to bypass this in a future release so one can make changes in the address property of a receive or send port without the need for VS.Net ? Keep the good work goin' ;-) Richard.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 AM  

  • Installed Biz Explorer on my development machine (Windows XP with SP1 ) and it doesn't seem to work (Copy Environment ). Its ok on my 2003 machine (no SP1 Installed). Is it XP od SP1 causing the problem ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 AM  

  • Hi Richard,

    You can copy the BTSGridViewCtrl.dll to the machine and register it in the registry:
    regsvr32 [full path]

    It worked for me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 AM  

  • Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

    I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 AM  

  • Question: When I click on parties in v1.30, it doesn't show any alias information that is in there. I know it is there, because I can see it from Visual Studio. I don't want to load Visual Studio on the production servers. Any ideas? Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 PM  

  • Later my friends told me that if I want to play the game better I should go to earn the Perfect World Gold, so I was very quickly risen to thirty levels, and then I started to play the game alone.I go to Buy Perfect World Gold to treat myself in this game. However she was also very sad when I was hurt, she was sorry about this to me and I did not complain her at last. I was very happy and we went to earn the Perfect World Silver to equip us to become strong. Today I play the game again and I can get a lot of Perfect World money for her, I take her to upgrade and then add her experience. I have a lot of cheap Perfect World Gold and I want to give her in the game, i can have a lot of pw gold if my skills of playing the game well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

  • By Blogger Adi, at 6:44 AM  

  • Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
    Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

    By Blogger Adi, at 10:53 AM  

  • I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome site!

    By Anonymous Gadgets UK, at 9:55 AM  

  • Thanks you. Very good post.Unless they can offer a really compelling reason for users to come back, it will be the next Bebo, MySpace

    By Anonymous Cannon 10755GF, at 11:27 PM  

  • Stephen Stapinski

    Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog. It's just amazing.... Thanks very much for the share.

    By Blogger rocky case, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home